LINCOLN UNIVERSITY: Doctor Of Philosophy (Ph.D.) In Social Science
Doctor Of Philosophy (Ph.D.) In Social Science
The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D). in Social sciences is a well-balanced programme that imparts an understanding of the causes of social changes, or the relationships between individual and state. The first year of Programme will consist of compulsory course work followed by intensive research in various fields like Sustainability in Social Science, Social Anthropology, Education and Learning, Public Services, Environment and Energy, Mass Communication, Media Studies, International Relations, Decision-making in Social Science and much more. The Department also offers its researchers strong support with specific methodological issues such as comparative research design, statistical methods, and survey research. During the independent studies, the students will be encouraged to work with industry leaders, civic leaders, government leaders, governmental as well as non-governmental development agencies, the general public to assure that all outcomes of their independent thinking are linked with their individual growth as well as with the betterment of the society. At every stage of learning, the students will be encouraged to invent new ideas in the field of Social Sciences. The students will be encouraged to participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences as well as to publish in refereed journals. The outcomes of the proposed programme are designed to contribute significantly towards societal outlook and environmental responsibility, improved quality of life of the population, and more importantly, towards the socio-cultural development and prosperity of the nation and its populace.
For successful completion of PhD degree in LUC, each candidate should publish minimum of Four research articles in scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln affiliation.
The purpose of this program is to encourage students to make unceasing and diligent efforts to pursue holistic self-development to cultivate self-discipline and integrity, to nurture creativity into broad-minded future leaders with an international outlook.
Programme Aims (PA) of Ph.D. in Social science programme are:
• To provide students with advanced knowledge in the the theoretical and practical areas of Social Sciences studies with the concept of research work.
• To prepare them for critical problem solving, decision making on various situations and responsibilities in the course of their research work.
• To create qualified managerial level Social Science professionals to provide support towards Social Sciences industry in their specialty.
• To develop and prepare professionals with research knowledge and aptitude that is very essential for industrial need and in the professional social sciences specialty area.
A study of foundational knowledge, skill, competence, leadership, creativity, innovative and research capability are related to the needs of the students’ future workplace with the emerging demands of Social Sciences profession and corporate industry. Opportunities can be found across all sectors and in a number of occupations. Education, central and local government, finance, health and social care, law, the media, public services, campaigning and research are frequent career choices. After completion of this course professionals are expected to emerge as,
·- Political scientist
Minimum Duration: 36 Months
Maximum Duration: 60 Months
|Sl.No.||MQA Subject Code||Subject Name|
|1||PSS 101||Research Methodology|
|2||PSS 102||Computer Applications|
|3||PSS 103||Dissertation (Thesis Work) on any one of the following specialties|
|Sustainability in Social Science|
|Education and Learning|
|Political Science, Sociology and Computational Social Science|
|Environment and Energy|
|Behavioral Sciences, Psychology and Public Relations|
|Decision-Making in Social Science|
|Culture and Identity|
Intake And Entry Requirement
Intake: Ongoing, Limited Seats Available.
- A Master Degree (Level 7, MQF) accepted by the HEP Senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a master’s degree (Level 7, MQF) that are accepted by the HEP Senate
Intake And Entry Requirement
Productivity Hacks to Get More Done in 2018
— 28 February 2017
- Facebook News Feed Eradicator (free chrome extension) Stay focused by removing your Facebook newsfeed and replacing it with an inspirational quote. Disable the tool anytime you want to see what friends are up to!
- Hide My Inbox (free chrome extension for Gmail) Stay focused by hiding your inbox. Click "show your inbox" at a scheduled time and batch processs everything one go.
- Habitica (free mobile + web app) Gamify your to do list. Treat your life like a game and earn gold goins for getting stuff done!